Quality Assurance Manager
We are in search of a quality assurance analyst with leadership qualities who is process-oriented, production-focused, and highly collaborative to join us as a Quality Program Manager. This role is part of our engineering team, however as an interdisciplinary agency, you will collaborate deeply with all disciplines including strategy, design, and production.
Successful candidates have an agile/BDD quality assurance background, preferably in an agency setting with experience managing multiple projects at once. You will own the entire process of what quality means to AREA 17. We seek someone who believes that excellent process programming and code quality are paramount to successful outcomes. This position requires equal amounts of collaboration with internal stakeholders, external vendors and external clients.
A note to candidates: We'll be reaching out to qualified applicants at the end of June for screens and interviews. We look forward to reviewing your materials at that time.
The role of Quality Program Manager combines the mindset of a business analyst, quality assurance engineer, and technical producer. Along with the ability to manage vendors who will execute test plans created by you, this role requires you to engage directly with internal project teams and external clients, and to manage their expectations. To ensure the success of the digital products we build, this role requires effective time management to plan and work within a defined timeline. Through consistent communication with your teammates across all disciplines at AREA 17, you will setup the digital products we create for success.
Your previous experience should show us that you can:
- Have an expert understanding of agile and BDD development methodology and oversee all QA activities for projects and retainer work;
- Work closely with the product and development teams to write and maintain product requirements and technical specifications;
- Assist in defining acceptance criteria on a per engagement basis and direct the development of automated test scripts to meet testing requirements;
- Validate all code deliverables to ensure that they meet all functional and design requirements and specifications;
- Develop test plans and lead QA engineers on the execution of the test cases for large scale project work, including integration, functional, and regression testing;
- Effectively communicate tasks and work to be done through our bug tracking platform;
- Accurately estimate the time it will take to complete QA tasks assigned to others;
- Manage stakeholders expectations, both internal and external and communicate effectively to both constituencies.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- On a day to day basis run check ins with the QA engineering team;
- Meet with internal stakeholders weekly to plan upcoming QA process cycles for each of the builds;
- Join internal design and UX meetings to review specifications for each product we build;
- Onboard QA Engineering team to new client work as they reach QA in the development lifecycle;
- Educate internal Application Engineers on best practices for performing QA testing during development;
- Manage and refine the internal process workflow with the production and product team along with company leadership;
- Troubleshoot and route bugs logged within the bug tracking platform;
- Work with the Sustainability Manager to define and develop test plans for a client as they move from their primary engagement into their ongoing site maintenance work.
The engineering team
We develop custom software that responds to business needs by making engineering a fundamental part of the design process. The engineering team is a design-driven group of coders, thinkers, and problem solvers who bring ideas into reality through the rigorous articulation of creative, strategic, and technical concepts, and ultimately by write high-quality code that prioritizes reliability, scalability and performance.
Within project teams, with clients and with one another, our engineers are consummate collaborators who apply their skills to serve our collective mission – to make great work and live great lives.
AREA 17 is a digital product agency
As a company we value arts and culture, education and design, free expression and social progress. With a commitment to design excellence and engineering performance, we create brands and digital products for acclaimed museums, academic institutions, design organizations, and editorial platforms in the public and private sectors, as well as innovative start-ups, brands, nonprofits and philanthropies.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Fundamentally, we are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist for all employees – we invest in each member of the team to develop, grow and advance, individually and as a team.
AREA 17 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, handicap, and/or disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Discrimination is unacceptable, illegal and not tolerated at our agency.